Most common faults that we repair:
1. Constant buzzing noise (click to hear) – that’s probably the most common of all faults and is caused by an overheating following design flaw, which means sooner or later this will happen to each amplifier of these series. Your unit can not just be repaired, but as well modified in a way to rectify the design issues and to prevent the same problem reoccur. The cost of this repair starts from £35* including required components.
2. Sudden loud pop/thump coming from the speaker – common fault, again, caused by a design flaw, which will be rectified during the repair to prevent further repeat issues. The cost of repair starts from £45* and includes all required components.
3. There is power, but no sound produced. This could be caused by several component failures, and sometimes could be a bit expensive to repair. We will provide personal advise in that case. The cost for this repair starts from £40* and exact quote will be given after diagnostic.
4. Cuts-out at high volume level, but works fine at low levels – usually when you turn up the volume, you can hear a relay click and sound cuts-out until you turn the volume down again. This is caused by ageing component and the cost of the repair starts at £35*.
5. There’s no power at all, the mains fuse blows when replaced, or is OK, but no signs of power going to the unit (no green or red light). Again, this could be caused by several components failure and most times would be a bit more expensive to repair. Advice will be provided in such case, depending on the specific fault. The cost for this repair starts from £40* and exact quote will be given after diagnostic.
6. Low volume high-pitched whining noise – caused by components failure due to overheating. Repair starts at £40* and is included as preventative upgrade with all upgrade inclusive repairs.
7. Low rumbling noise – common for few revisions of the pre-amplifier on older units. Repair starts at £40* and is included as preventative upgrade with all upgrade inclusive repairs on affected amplifiers.
You can pay with PayPal or by bank transfer, however, you will not be charged anything before the repair has been successfully completed. Upon successful repair we will send you our payment details. In case you decide not to repair after diagnostic, you only need to pay for your return postage – diagnostic is FREE of charge.
*Please note: depending on the board version you have (how old your unit is), there may be some upgrades that can be done, even though your amplifier don’t yet exhibit the problems which the components to be upgraded would cause. In those cases I always advise to upgrade the unit (I believe saving few pounds here, knowing that it would result in a future more expensive repair, wouldn’t be a saving really). However, where possible, few repair and upgrade options will be given, so you can make the choice that suits you.
You will need to send us the amplifier unit for repair – for more information on how to do that, please click here.